I Maqom Art International Forum
Maqom art international forum held on the 6-10 September, at Oqsaroy square of the historical city Shakhrisabz which was initiated by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev.The aim of the Forum was to promote intercultural diversity y of worldwide performance of maqom art and pass it on to future generation. The maqom forum included significant events:
1) Maqom performances of 30 music ensembles and soloists from 26 countries which performed on the main stage.Their performances had been assessed by International Juries who came from 9 countries on the their professionalism in performing, how close to maqom cycle and national-traditional music
2) International practical-scientific conference on the theme “Music art of maqom and its role in the world civilization took place in the Conference Hall. More than 30 musicians, scientists from 18 countries participated with their scientific abstracts.
3) International Press conference was one of the important events of the maqom art international forum which all guests from every corner of the world and Representatives of Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan and UNESCO participated.
4) Huge audience gathered when Master classes with participation of ICH bearers from various countries started. They exchanged experience and skills on maqomot art.
5) Exhibitions, table discusses regional performing stages and cultural exchanging corners which were done special for international guests. Each region presented their cultural, musical heritage and hospitalities